Once I was reading a long thread on message board and I got tired from always clicking on "Next Message".
Since it is also not so comfortable to read 76 messaged from the screen, I decided to make a program to download all the messages of a thread and to put them in one single HTML page. The program does also an intelligent try to remove double line spacing caused by people who always hit the enter key at the end of a line.
Well, this is what the program looks like:
For example, with this program you can download a thread of messages from the forum : http://www.ouders.nl/cgi-bin/TMMforum/NF.cgi.
How does it work ?
- Go to the first message of the thread you want to download.
- Click in the location field of the browser and copy the location with "Control C"
- Then past this address in the URL location of the program.
- Make sure that you have a valid Windows filename to save the file.
- Then click on the "Start" of the menu.
- Now the reading message number starts to count up.
- When it stops and when the URL location becomes empty, the download is finished.
- You can now read the messages offline.
How to run?
Please note that only the source code is supplied. The program has also to be adapted to a specific message board.
PID: 2015 CLT: 0.003 LMD: 2013-Aug-17